RE: PA-RISC/Linux Boot HOWTO Section 8, Draft 1, 2.4 -> 2.6

-----Original Message-----
From: Grant Grundler [mailto:grundler@parisc-linux.org]
Sent: Saturday, February 26, 2005 8:37 PM
To: Harry Cochran
Cc: debian-hppa@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: PA-RISC/Linux Boot HOWTO Section 8, Draft 1, 2.4 -> 2.6

On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 08:05:23PM -0500, Harry Cochran wrote:
> The real question is "with the -e2 option" on what? Guess I'm tired
because
> I know ask doesn't have fdisk.

Yes, you must be tired because you are "top posting". :^)

-e2 is either a palo parameter (when invoked from user shell)
or --format-as=2 to /etc/palo.conf file.
See "palo -?" output.

grant

Okay. Now I learned something else about parisc-linuxers ... add comments at
the bottom. Who knew?

So, here's question 1: Why did you say:

> Partition Start(MB) End(MB) Id Type
> 1               1      31   f0 Palo
> 2              32    1008   82 swap
> 3            1009   17366   83 ext2

"This is an invalid partition scheme."

Is it just that the f0 partition is too small? Can one not have a swap
partition this big?

and here's question number 2: Why do none of the examples I've seen
show --format-as=2 being used in palo.conf and can you please show me a
complete example (recommended partition layout for an 18GB hard drive on a
machine with 2GB of memory and a palo.conf that goes along with it)? I can't
look at palo -? right now because I just blew my partitions away so I can
re-partition and try it all one more time. Sorry.

Thanks,

Harry