Re: ld problem

In reference to a message from Dr Gavin Seddon, dated Feb 02:
> Hi,
> I have baught one of these 'teach yourself c++ in 21 days' books, since
> I thought programming would be useful for work.  However in my first job
> I get
>

> '/usr/bin/ld: crt1.o: No such file: No such file or directory
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status'
>
> This appears to be a problem with ld.  Any ideas?

Are you manually linking with ld? You should not do that....

basics for a working build environment in Debian:
apt-get install build-essential
vi hello.cc
g++ -Wall -g -o hello hello.cc

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports