Re: Debian 3.0.2

Hi.

On Tuesday 07 September 2004 21:22, Patrick Pichon wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have just complet the installation of the latest Debian 3.0.2 on my
> HP9000-712/60. Everything is pretty much ok, except that since I have
> move to that release, the green LED which is usally powered on is
> flashing under the PDC and when the boot start goes OFF.

Hmm... I reinstalled one of my 712/80 this evening. Minimal installation from
Woody 3.0r0 CD1, then I did edit /etc/apt/sources.list and did an apt-get
update/ apt-get dist-upgrade to sarge. After that I did a tasksel selecting
some server stuff.

My LED is off, too.

uname -r : 2.4.17-32

cat /etc/debian_version : 3.1

My DSL gateway running Woody (a 712/80 as well):

LED on

uname -r : 2.4.17 (configured/compiled by me ???)

cat /etc/debian_version : 3.0

> Also the power-key (button) is just powering-off the system without
> doing a completed shutdown as it was done before.

Did not check this ...

> Does anyone as a clue on what I need to do. I have look to the archive
> and didn't find anything there except the confirmation that when doing
> power-key the system should safely shutdown.
>
> Best regards
> Patrick

Best regards,

   Hartwig