Re: Removing gcc-3.0 from unstable/testing

Matthew Wilcox writes:
> On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 07:08:36PM +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> > hppa is the only platform with gcc-3.0/g++-3.0. Is this version still
> > needed for hppa builds, or can it be removed? On all other platforms,
> > we just build the libstdc++ runtime library (but doesn't seem to be
> > needed, I haven't seen third party software referencing this libstdc++
> > library version).
>
> Do we now have no packages that Build-Depend on gcc-3.0 or g++-3.0?
> There seem to be an extraordinarily large number of packages in testing
> for hppa that are still linked against libstdc++3.

maybe to be a bit clearer, remove it from unstable. then it get's
removed from testing, when no more packages reference it in testing.

looking at the packages depending on libstdc++3, I see most
badly,maintained, outdated packages, so removing these as well is an
alternative. the current dependencies in unstable are:

libgc6 - don't know why this is still built using 3.0. The boehm-gc
        sources build fine with 3.3. just filed RC report.

gutenbrowser - did depend on qt2, which was removed. #254307.

x10 - needs to be rebuilt. #236060.

playmp3list - needs to be rebuilt. #236116.

npadmin -  needs to be rebuilt. #236117.

juice -  needs to be rebuilt. #236053.

flying -  needs to be rebuilt. #236046.

craft -  needs to be rebuilt. #236043.

cdindex-client -  needs to be rebuilt. #236041.

blackbook -  needs to be rebuilt. #236040.

bbpal -  needs to be rebuilt. #236037.

abuse-sdl -  needs to be rebuilt. #221379.