Re: pa-risc/linux abi

> >The calling conventions are essentially the same.  However, there is
> >no argument adjustment of argument/return locations in ELF32.  In some
> >cases (varargs), float parameters are passed in both floating-point
> >and general registers.  The passing of small structs is the same.
>
> Yeah, I'm not concerned with varargs, but I do have to get the caller's
> stack frame deciphered and which registers are used to pass which args.
> If Linux's are a little bit different, is this documented somewhere?
> If not, I can do the usual trick of compiling a C-source kernel using -S
> and reverse-engineering where things are, but it's a little easier if
> there are docs, particularly as I don't have direct access to linux/parisc.

There are no docs.  The register usage is identical to GCC for hpux.
It should be noted that GCC has its own unique frame layout which
doesn't conform to the HP runtime documention although it interoperates
with code compiled with the HP compiler.  The main issues are with
respect to the HP unwind library.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)