Getting a smp kernel on my J6000

Hi,

	Well, newbie that I am, I just learned about "uname -a" and I've discovered
that even though the /boot/vmlinux symlink points to the correct kernel
(vmlinux-2.4.26-pa4-debian-64-smp), palo loaded 2.4.17-32. Looking back at
the palo output, here's what happened:

Selected kernel: /boot/vmlinux from partition 1
Warning: kernel name doesn't end with 32 or 64 -- Guessing...
This box can boot either 32 or 64-bit kernels...Only see a 32-bit kernel,
using
thatELF32 executable

Looks like the -smp won't work. Could someone please tell me tell me what's
going on? Does palo have this "32 or 64" check to keep you from runnning a
smp kernel? Can I just rename the new kernel to end in 64, modify the
symlink and boot the smp kernel?

By the way, my apologies to all for replies that didn't include
debian-hppa@lists.debian.org. Some orgs try to minimize list traffic ...
glad to see you have the opposite viewpoint :-).

Thanks,

Harry