Re: Unable to get Visualize C3000 to see CDROM from BOOT_ADMIN

On Wed, May 26, 2004 at 03:01:05PM -0600, Grant Grundler wrote:
Hi Harry,
> >     I have several hppa boxes from a project a few years ago that
> > I would like to be able to use with Debian Linux.
> > I downloaded debian-30r2-hppa-binary-1
> > and burned the iso with Nero (someone said Nero preserved the 512 byte
> > sectors needed for the C3000).
may you intend at the PDC prompt? you should better launch a "sea ipl"
command to see what devices result bootable, the you have the correct path
to boot from.

> There's more to CD burning than just 512 byte blocks.
>
> > I can see the cd fine from HPUX, but when I
> > try to boot /dev/dsk/c0t0d0, I get "ERROR: Not a boot path". Can
> > anyone tell
> > me how to boot from the cdrom on my C3000?

In the C3000 case you need to provide FWSCSI6.0 or FWSCSI5.0 regarding the
2 internal scsi disks.
Is this what you mean with you question?

> Check the FAQ:
>       http://www.parisc-linux.org/faq/index.html#cderror

good guide!
> hopefully that will help and if not, check the "How to Burn a Boot CD"
> link as well.
SteX
--
http://www.openlabs.it/~stex