RE: no login with 2.6 kernel and Mozilla probs on 712/60

Hi Kenneth,

>>have a look in the /boot/config-xxx to find the HIL support whether you
>>use an HIL kbd and mouse. As far as I know HIL is supported from the 2.4x
>>kernel for about 2 years, so it sounds strange.
>>If you use a common PS2 kbd have a look in the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 to
>>see if the kbd is correctly set.
>Nono. A 712 doesn't have any HIL, simple PS/2. And I'm not using XDM to

>login. Plain console.

It happened to me, when I launced PALO with the STI support. Not whether
I connected my laptop with a serial cable. The login didn't appear and the
system seemed to hang. Verify the same situation by connecting another system
via console cable and minicom.

>Is there ongoing parisc support/development for the 2.4.x series, or are
>you guys only focussing on the 2.6?

The development is in both way, why un-support a still valid kernel, as
2.4. Why neither support a new 2.6 kernel. It is not a fork!

Regards

SteX