RE: Installing on RP5430...PALO problem

Hi James,
well the partman, th tool to partition the hdd, is not so user friendly
as it could be for newer users. So consider to read the installation manual
for HP-PARISC system.
However if you need to install GNU/Linux on a HP-PARISC you would better
reserve a 10MB (about) dedicated space to a PALO partition: how to do it?
Create a new primary partition (consider I am speacking about new d-i installer),
the select an item (the first one) "Usage method" or something like this,
then select "format the partition".
When you are asked to insert the type of the partition, select "palo type".
When you are first asked to select the type and you can't find the palo
option, select as well whichever you want (ext2 or ext3), then before apply
to config, try again to select a type and you will find the palo option.
Sorry if I am now a bit confusing, but I don't have the system here and
I am trying to remember what I did.
Ask again if in trouble

Regards

SteX