Re: Problem during the reboot phase (netinst mage 2004-05-16)

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 01:43:38PM -0600, Grant Grundler wrote:
Hi Grant,
> On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 03:06:06PM +0200, SteX wrote:
> > what kind of graph card does your system work with?
>
> PCI Vis/EG - search this mailing list for part numbers.

good thing to have a graphic support for this jewels  ;-P

> >  where to find the drivers?
>
> CONFIG_STIFB=y
> grab arch/parisc/configs/c3000_config

from my /boot/config-2.4.26-64-smp you can find:

CONFIG_FBCON_CFB8=y
CONFIG_FBCON_CFB32=y
CONFIG_FBCON_STI=y
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
# CONFIG_FBCON_FONTWIDTH8_ONLY is not set
# CONFIG_FBCON_FONTS is not set
CONFIG_FONT_8x8=y
CONFIG_FONT_8x16=y
CONFIG_STI_CONSOLE=y
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
CONFIG_DUMMY_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_DUMMY_CONSOLE=y
CONFIG_FBCON=y
CONFIG_FBCON_FONT=y
CONFIG_FONT_8x8=y
CONFIG_FONT_8x16=y
CONFIG_FONT_6x11=y
CONFIG_FONT_SUN12x22=y

when I have a little bit of free time I will compile the OpenGL sources in
order to provide, if possible, GNU/Linux compatibility: I think I found in
the HP site a link where it is explained how to compile for RH

http://h200006.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual00047373/c00047373.pdf
or
http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c00047373.pdf

however the doc is called Graphics Administration Guide for Red Hat Linux
6.2 . I hope that there will be a support as soon as possible!

Thank you in advance

SteX

--
http://www.openlabs.it/~stex