Re: shiny new rp2430 (A400) won't boot :-(

On Fri, 14 May 2004 14:00:35 -0500
"Glascock, Donald S." <glascock.donald@mayo.edu> wrote:

> Hi, Thibaut --
>
>   Thanks for your suggestion to try the netinst stuff.
>
> > AFAICR, it took me about 30mn (slow internet connection alas)
> > to get a fully operationnal A500 builder with this netinst
> > thingy...
>
>   After all of the sasser craziness and other high-priority
> tasks were addressed, I pulled down the sarge-hppa-netinst.iso
> from this URL:
>
> http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/hppa/current/
>
> I hope this was an appropriate place.

No, at least not if you wanted to do it the way i explained, since you
haven't used the URL I pointed you at (as Joel did too).

But it looks like you haven't read half of what i said, since you've
obviously missed the link to the PA/Linux Boot HOWTO that answers a good
half of your questions.

For the rest of them, i'm clueless about RedHat thingy (and btw, no,
i've never seen the old rh config mechanism), and I suspect that your
http/ftp servers troubles may find an explanation in the fact that
you've used daily snapshot of sarge "testing" (litteraly) install CD,
but that's just my guess.

HTH,

Thibaut VARENE
The PA/Linux ESIEE Team