Re: Disaster strikes

Le 13 juil. 04, à 18:05, James Morris a écrit :

Hi All
I have been running my RP5430 without a hitch for nearly a month, I wanted
to start adding services so ran apt-get dist-upgrade.
The box has come up with the root FS read only.
This is causing me a few problems (as you may guess).
I have had a look at the fstab file and saw that it is set to mount ro on errors, problem is I can't spot the errors, and wouldn't be able to do much
with an ro filesystem anyway.
below is the output from the GSP when booting.
All help appreciated.
James

you hit the same problem that I had here on unstable a while ago, and that seems to have gone into sarge as well.

I have no idea what's wrong, but there's definitely a bug somewhere with either fsck or the init scripts.

fsck claims that the file is not mounted ro, which is absolutely wrong since it actually _is_, and you have to remount it rw to be able to use the box...

Thibaut VARENE
The PA/Linux ESIEE Team
http://www.pateam.org/