Re: [parisc-linux] glibc update is broken in testing?

On Sat, May 29, 2004 at 12:49:10PM -0600, Grant Grundler wrote:
> System is basically useless until I cold install or fix up
> the /lib/ld.so.1 symlink.

I was able to netboot from:
	http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-hppa/current/images/boot.img

and resurrect the /lib/ld.so.1 symlink.

But that wasn't quite enough. On the next reboot:
/sbin/init: error while loading shared libraries: libc.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directoryKernel panic: Attempted to kill init!

The steps were:
o "break out" the "auto-installer"  with <Escape> key
o select "execute a shell"
o determine root partition (eg cat /proc/partition)
	mkdir /target
	mount /dev/scsi/host1/bus0/target15/lun0/part3 /target
o the rest can be cut/pasted:
	cd /target/lib
	ln -s ld-2.3.2.so ld.so.1
	ln -s libc-2.3.2.so libc.so.6
	ln -s libm-2.3.2.so libm.so.6
	ln -s libdl-2.3.2.so libdl.so.2
	ln -s libutil-2.3.2.so libutil.so.1
	cd /
	umount /target
	exit
o select "Abort the installation and reboot"

That got me to a login prompt, but not one that works.
More symlinks are missing...makes me wonder if all the symlinks in
/lib got wiped out.

INIT: version 2.85 booting
flush_cache_mm: INIT FLUSH ALL
/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
INIT: Entering runlevel: 2
/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Debian GNU/Linux testing/unstable (none) ttyS0

(none) login: root
/bin/login: error while loading shared libraries: libcrypt.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Unless someone else wants to play with the box, I'll cold install
tonight. I wanted to use a different root disk partitioning anyway.

grant