Re: [parisc-linux] no login with 2.6 kernel and Mozilla probs on 712/60

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 07:45:26PM +0000, Kenneth Westelinck wrote:

> Strange. Galeon used to work a while ago (and as far as I understand,
> Galeon is based on some Mozilla libraries). But after doing an apt-get
> upgrade (I think this was a year ago or something) all of the sudden it
> stopped working :( The main reason why I want to use my 712 is surfing and
> reading mail. And dillo is not an option ;)

Well, at least you can use konqueror (although I prefer mozilla/
firebird myself). Also amaya works, however I don't consider
it as a browser (in that respect it is a PITA), but more as
a validator.

Konqueror is starting up slow (on my C3k running Debian/testing),
but after it loaded all libraries and started all neccessary
KDE daemons (most notably knotify, which takes ages to start),
it's more than usable.

Greetings,
   Max