RE: FW: Installing on RP5430...PALO problem

Ciao James,

>Hi guys, I have a new set of problems now I was trying to get samba usint
>apt-get and got many different errors, so I thought I would buils it from
>source but that reports no GCC. Can you advise.
>Output from apt-get update below:
>
>/etc/apt/sources.list: 7 lines, 312 characters.
>goliath:/Install# apt-get update
>Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Packages
>Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/main Release
>Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/contrib Packages
>Hit http://security.debian.org stable/updates/contrib Release
>Err http://www.backports.org stable/all Packages
>  404 Not Found
>Ign http://www.backports.org stable/all Release
>Get:1 http://www.backports.org stable/all Sources [64.7kB]
>Get:2 http://www.backports.org stable/all Release [136B]
>Fetched 64.9kB in 5s (11.7kB/s)
>Failed to fetch
>http://www.backports.org/debian/dists/stable/all/binary-hppa/Packages.gz
>404 Not Found
>Reading Package Lists... Done
>W: Couldn't stat source package list http://www.backports.org stable/all
>Packages
>(/var/lib/apt/lists/www.backports.org_debian_dists_stable_all_binary-hppa_Pa
>ckages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
>W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems
>E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones
>used instead.

It means that the system couldn't reach http://www.backports.org stable/all...
so it has no chances to get Packages from it. Comment this line in /etc/apt/sources.list
and run again apt-get update. It will successfully get all the pkgs info.
Thank you in advance

Regards

steX