Re: Problem during the reboot phase (netinst mage 2004-05-16)

Hi Grant,

>On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 09:14:26AM +0200, Joel Soete wrote:
>> > Starting deferred execution scheduler: atd.
>> > Starting periodic command scheduler: cron.
>> >
>> > ^^^^^^last msg when using usb and monitor^^^^^

I haven't installed any graphical stuff yet, since I have the HP FX4 card
in and not supported, according to what you said.

>The next thing to run would likely be gdm/xdm/kdm (Desktop manager).
>ie if X11 isn't configured or doesn't work, that's the point
>you'll find out. :^/
>
>If you have xdm/gdm/kdm installed, remove it or disable it (eg add "exit
>0"
>to the top of the /etc/init.d/xdm file) and then see what happens.

>> Apparently Grant never encounter this same pb with it's c3k.
>
>Correct. But then along with setserial, I *always* remove the
>desktop manager since it complicates things for me.

what kind of graph card does your system work with? where to find the drivers?
is this card a 64bit one?

Thank you in advance

SteX