Re: Problem during the reboot phase (netinst mage 2004-05-16)

Hellol Stex,
[...]
> not it is the default one for my ws, because it a 64bit architecture

Ok (but afaik you could also be running a 32bit kernel and certainly a up;
that is why I particulary appreciate the b2k: possibility to test 32bit
as well as 64bit kernel :))

> >I trust that you would be able to find the 'up' one and copy it in /boot
> >and reboot with it.
> >
> >> where ll alias is ll='ls -la --color=auto'
> >
> >Hmm yes I always though to ack ls src to allow l, ll, lsf, lsr, lsx links
> >to works ala hpux ;)
>
> alias ll='ls -la --color=auto'
> alias lm='ls -al |less' or |more if you prefer ;-P
> put the string in .bashrc of your user if you use the bash, you will obtain
> a colored (distingishing from dir, file, links...) layout.

Yes, I do it also but as you noticed it's shell dependant (but it's not
important)

> >hey c3k is the sister of my b2k and that  remember me a pb for which
> never
> >find the right way to solve:
> >Can you have a look in your /boot/config-2.4.26-64-smp and see if option
> >CONFIG_PDC_CONSOLE=y
>
> tonight I will check! I was thinking to public access to my system from
> work, but I have to bypass a double NAT of my provider!

no pb, I understand, :)

> >This is set by default for D or K models iirc
> ><see my pb report http://lists.parisc-linux.org/pipermail/parisc-linux/2004-January/022127.html>
> >Apparently Grant never encounter this same pb with it's c3k.
> >
> >I worked on a patch which worked fine when PDC_CONSOLE (/dev/ttyB0) was
> >actualy a serial one but not when a sti one (ie when kbd is the usb one
> >and I never find the right way to solve :_( ). More over, I don't have
> any
> >D or K model to test it and see if it had actualy sense?
>
> I created the /dev/ttyB0 on my system, then I tried to boot using the
string
> console=/dev/ttyB0 (erasing the sti string in the palo), but it seemed
not
> to work. Tonight I will try again.

hmm good question, i don't remember to read any success report at all.
Well imho  that would may be just usefull in single user mode in case of.

> >> Debian GNU/Linux testing/unstable thebeast ttyS0
> >>
> >> thebeast login:
> >>
> >> This is successfully reached for when using laptop and serial console
> >> connection (minicom).
> >>
> >Ah well not exactely the same behavior as my b2k which was hanging at
all
> >;?
>
> even via serial console?

Yes even :(

I clearly identify the source (code) of the pb on b2k but didn't reach to
fix completly.

Thanks,
    Joel

Tiscali ADSL, 27,50 ?/mois...pendant 6 mois.
La meilleure offre du marché !
http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=fr