Re: Problem during the reboot phase (netinst mage 2004-05-16)

On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 10:17:16PM +0100, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
Hi Matthew,
well whta I found out tonight is that there is no simbolic link (as I
expected to find, according to what GNU/Linux on x86 usually do) /vmlinux
which points to /boot/vmlinux-...
I tried to add it, but it didn't work as expected!

> On Sun, May 16, 2004 at 02:33:04PM +0200, SteX wrote:
> > Command line for kernel: 'root=/dev/sdb5 HOME=/ console=ttyS0 TERM=vt102
> > palo_kernel=2/boot/vmlinux'
> > Selected kernel: /boot/vmlinux from partition 2
> > ERROR: open /boot/vmlinux from partition 2 failed
>
> Does 2/vmlinux work better than 2/boot/vmlinux?

Yes, you are right! with this option set, it works!
But i found out the following problem: when I use the monitor connected
with the graphic card (in console mode) and the native usb mouse and
keyboard, the system hangs! It shows the last command:

Starting periodic command scheduler: cron.

Then no more signs that it is alive. What the hell can it happend to hang
the OS? This doesn't happen when I connected my laptop in console, without
usb mouse and keyboard?
May these ones cause its panic?

Thank you in advance

SteX