Re: [parisc-linux] Re: if something is not done, hppa will not have an installer for sarge

On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 06:12, Richard Hirst wrote:
> It may be relevant that the ISO had a rather long kernel commandline,
> relative to the 127 char limit that palo claims.  I'm never sure
> whether that 127 char limit is before or after palo adds all the
> console and sti related parameters though.

That limit is absolute and may not be overrun.  The co-ordinates of the
64 bit kernel lie immediately after the 128 char buffer.  Usually the
system is unbootable if you overrun this limit.

Unfortunately, palo is rather poor about checking this limit when
installing the image or modifying the command line...

James