Re: [3.25.2004 1016328] hi

Thank you for contacting the Cox Communications Abuse Department.  Unfortunately, the information you have supplied does not meet the criteria necessary for investigation.  Specifically, no Cox Communications ip addresses were found in your email.  If you feel this message is in error, please reply directly to this email.

If you are a Cox subscriber reporting spam sent to your Cox email account, please direct future emails to spamreport@cox.net rather than abuse@cox.net.

We have provided some useful information below that will help you resubmit your report with the information we require:

For issues related to email and usenet (newsgroups), including spam complaints, virus complaints and complaints related to content, we must have the full headers from each incident.  In order for us to properly investigate, the incident must be related to a Cox subscriber.  If the incident is not related to a Cox subscriber, we are not the proper entity to contact as we are not in a position to take any action.

Please follow the link below for additional resources and answers to some of the more common questions related to email issues.

http://support.cox.net/custsup/abuse/full_headers.shtml

For issues related to port scanning and other network related issues, we must have log files that substantiate your complaints.  Due to the vast amount of different security applications available today, we require that all of the logs submitted contain the following information:

A Cox IP address as the source IP address.
A valid date/time stamp with time zone.
Both the source and destination port ranges for each incident.

Please be certain that all the log files submitted are in plain text format and within the body of the message.  For security reasons, attachments are not accepted.

Please follow the link below for additional resources and answers to many of the most common questions associated with Intrusion detection and reporting.

http://support.cox.net/custsup/abuse/reporting_procedures.shtml

Thank you for taking the time to contact Cox Communications.

Sincerely,

The Cox Communications Abuse Department