Re: HP A500 to good home

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 09:11:31AM -0500, Ben Collins wrote:
> I have an HP A500 that was given to me by HP, so this offer depends on them
> being ok with this (hopefully one of them will read this and give a nod).

Ben,
Actually, We can use another dual CPU machine for when we start on
linux-2.6 SMP bring up.

> I'm willing to ship it to someone working with debian-hppa, especially someone
> working with debian-installer.

If you find someone who will actively use it, I'm ok with them getting
it as well.  But I can host the machine here in Cupertino with better
bandwidth than most will have at home. I do allow serious developers
access to my "external" machines if "testdrive.hp.com" isn't suitable.
The machine would be available for debian installer testing.

> It's a dual 550Mhz machine with 1gig ram and 18gigs of drive space.

> YOU PAY shipping. This thing is a beast. Or if you are close to
> Gloucester/Newport News, Virginia, you can come pick it up.

I can arrange for HP to pick up as long you still have the packaging
or can package it appropriately.

Thanks returning the machine "to the pool".
grant