Building a sid package on paer

I need to build postgresql for unstable on paer, but I see pbuilder is
not installed (even dpkg-dev isn't installed).  What tools are there for
doing that?  -- or is there someone who can build it on a sid box?  (The
source package is on paer in ~elphick)  The thing I am particularly
interested in is whether the patch in debian/patches/08linux-hppa is
correct.
     "And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine
      heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might."
                 Deuteronomy 6:5