Re: Problem with graphics-card

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 12:25:47PM +0100, Henry Schimmer wrote:
> I'm facing a problem running my GSC-based graphics-adapter in my C360. It
> seems to  me that the driver fails to initialize the card :

> Cujo version 2.0 found at 0xf1000000
> Enabling Cujo 2.0 bug workaround
> Don't recognise Cujo at address 0xf1000000, not enabling workaround		<---- ?

That is indeed bad (though unrelated to your other problem).  Is it still
there if you boot a more recent kernel, say 2.4.22?

> STI GSC/PCI graphics driver version 0.9
> STI byte mode ROM at fa000000, hpa at fa000000
> STI id 2bcb015a-9a02587, conforms to spec rev. 8.04				<---- Coral SCG
> STI init_graph failed (ret -1, errno 258)					<==== arrrrgh !

Weird.  We do:

        ret = STI_CALL(sti->init_graph, &default_init_flags, &inptr,
                &outptr, sti->glob_cfg);

        if (ret < 0) {
                printk(KERN_ERR "STI init_graph failed (ret %d, errno %d)\n",ret
,outptr.errno);
                return -1;
        }

where

#define STI_CALL(func, flags, inptr, outptr, glob_cfg) \
               pdc_sti_call( func, (unsigned long)STI_PTR(flags), \
                                   (unsigned long)STI_PTR(inptr), \
                                   (unsigned long)STI_PTR(outptr), \
                                   (unsigned long)STI_PTR(glob_cfg)); \
       })

So basically, firmware's returning an error.

> Has anyone an idea of which kind the problem may be ? My guess is the U2-IOA
> BC GSC(+) Port.

Nah, that's just a bit of the U2/Uturn CCIO chip.