Re: Compiling 2.6.0-test* kernels on C3000

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 09:10:40PM +0200, Marnix van den Berg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying to compile these devolopment kernels on my machine, but
> they all seem to fail on the PDC Console code, even though I have not
> selected this option (it's not even available in the test kernels). Has
> anyone succesfully compiled any of these kernels on their machine? If
> so, did they run into any problems?

Yes and Yes.
A mangled version of the .config file I got from Randolph Chung
is now on ftp.parisc-linux.org/kernels/c3000/2.6.0-test5-pa17-config.

Issues are console support: neither STI nor serial is working.
System will boot w/o console debugging is, uhm, difficult.

grant