Re: isdn / i4l

On Sun, May 11, 2003 at 03:46:29PM +0200, Matthias Wenzel wrote:
> I have a B132L, and can use several PCI-cards, and I guess, when I plug
> an ISDN card it appears in /proc/pci at least, but the current kernel
> doesn't support it - why?

Watch out for "old" built-in dino versions on older B-XXX/C-XXX models.
Boot output should print the version and possibly a warning.

> IMVHO mainly datatypes need to be adopted for parisc - what else?

Maybe Endianess (ordering of multi-byte integers/addresses).
Depends on how the driver needs to communicate with the card.
Other issues might also come up. At least two talks at OLS2002
covered porting issues. The latest version of mine is at
	http://gsyprf11.external.hp.com/ols2002/
	(Ignore that fact it's for ia64; same things apply to parisc)

	http://www.linuxsymposium.org/2002/view_txt.php?text=abstract&talk=73
	(I think Arjen's talk is better one to start with.)

	http://www.linux.org.uk/~ajh/ols2002_proceedings.pdf.gz
	("How not to write device drivers" is in this pdf)

grant