RE: DF <> SE Compatibility, Size compatibility with Debian, /HOME & other noobness?

rr> > > I know I have to keep my vmlinux within the first 2GB
rr> of the hard
rr> > > disk... I took great care to install everything in the
rr> sub-2GB part of
rr> > > the 9GB disk but still it didn't load: "IPL error: bad
rr> LIF magic. Error
rr> > > Reading IPL"

rr> Actualy, to make sure I wasn't getting it wrong
rr> I _exactly_ copied the example on the web-page.
rr> 32Mb palo, 128Mb swap, 1GB /
rr> I tried a few times w/ different configs too (swap
rr> on other disk, ...) none worked.

I had tried a lot of configurations, but only this one worked for me on my
s712 box (make sure NOT to use ext3 on /boot):

                              Disk Drive: /dev/sda
                             Size: 9111591936 bytes
              Heads: 255   Sectors per Track: 63   Cylinders: 1107

    Name        Flags      Part Type  FS Type          [Label]        Size
(MB)

    sda1        Boot        Primary   Linux/PA-RISC boot
24.68   (palo)
    sda2                    Primary   Linux ext2
32.91    /boot
    sda3                    Primary   Linux swap
254.99
    sda4                    Primary   Linux ext3
8792.83    /

Is there a good cockbook out there esp. for KDE2/keyb/mouse on s712, s720,
s715 boxes???

With best regards,

 Ralph Roth, Account Support Engineer
 Hewlett-Packard, ESSO BBN

 FREE! *NIX config to html converter and system documentation tool:
http://come.to/cfg2html