Re: kernel vs. pppd

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 12:35:14PM -0500, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> > > Nov  2 15:58:54 gecko pppd[163]: read: Resource temporarily unavailable
> > > Nov  2 15:58:54 gecko pppd[163]: read /dev/ppp: Resource temporarily unavailable
> > >
> > > Although my ppp connection (pppoe) works at maximum speed.
> > > What could cause this?
> >
> > This is the old EWOULDBLOCK != EAGAIN problem.
>
> It's on my TODO list. Atlest I _now_ understand how to write the syscall
> wrapper that emulates the proper return value :)

Uhh.. how can it be fixed?  It's a binary-incompatible change.  Before,
we have two programs, one which checks errno against EAGAIN, the other
against EWOULDBLOCK.  One of them works, the other does not.  Now you
change one of those returns from a syscall to the other value.  Still,
one works & one does not.