Re: mouse device and HP 715/33

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003 19:11:45 +0100
"Erling A. Jacobsen" <linuxcub@email.dk> wrote:

> Grant Grundler wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 28, 2003 at 08:07:08PM +0100, hron@gmx.de wrote:
> >
> >>There ist written, that I shall use kernel 2.4.18-pa45 or higher.
> >>What is on my CD image is 2.4.17-32 (at least the config file in /boot
> >>says so). I'm wondering, because I loaded the image last week.
>
> And the kernel with built-in HIL support has been available
> since around June 2002.
That is exactly 2.4.18-pa45. Woody has been released with older kernel,
because it was known to be _stable_, which wasn't the case for new
kernels.

> > In general, parisc kernel issues are better addressed in
> > the parisc-linux mailing list. (see lists.parisc-linux.org).
> > And there's a substantial archive to search for helpt too.
>
> When would an official set of CD images be available from
> the debian(-hppa) project, where the support of HIL etc. is included
> from the start ? What is prventing this kernel from already
> being included ?

You can use netinst ISOs or lifimages featuring bleeding edge
kernels, which are also available.
Check http://pateam.esiee.fr/download.html

I guess these kernels can't be included in the existing stable release
ISO, since it has been freezed. Woody's Boot-Floppies defaults to 2.4.17,
which are configured without HIL and many other features (USB for
instance). For what it's worth, there are newer kernel-images available in
the archive.

Thibaut VARENE
The PA/Linux ESIEE Team
http://pateam.esiee.fr/