Re: Out of memory problem

Le vendredi, 21 mar 2003, à 07:55 Europe/Paris, Grant Grundler a écrit :

On Fri, Mar 21, 2003 at 12:08:22AM +0100, Markus Schaber wrote:
I've got an old HP Apollo 710 with 16 MB.
Is there any chance to get a less-memory consuming image? I want to
avoid to build a cross-compile environment on my PC if it's avoidable.

I'd discourage trying to run debian on any box with only 16MB RAM.
[snip]
So do I :P

We had a couple of boxes with very low memory on them here, and to complete a successful install, we had to prepare the hard drives (filesystem and content) in another box. No need to mention the kernels were really tiny, and the boxes
very slow.

Thibaut VARENE
The PA/Linux ESIEE Team
http://pateam.esiee.fr/