Out of memory problem

Hi,

I don't know whether I'm on topic here, but I'll post my problem here:

I've got an old HP Apollo 710 with 16 MB.

Now I managed it to net-boot the Image from
http://http.us.debian.org/debian/dists/woody/main/disks-hppa/current/lifimage
and the kernel starts fine, but then the kernel kills the init process
because of low memory, and reboots.

Is there any chance to get a less-memory consuming image? I want to
avoid to build a cross-compile environment on my PC if it's avoidable.

Might a NFS-Boot help, and where do I get an Image prepared for this?

Thanks,
Markus
--
Schabi's Flohmarkt: http://schabi.de/flohmarkt/

Der Dienstweg ist die Verbindung der Sackgasse mit dem Holzweg!
[DoLi in unibwm.studium]