Proftpd problem

I am running debian/unstable on a J5000, and I recently noticed that my
ProFTPD daemon is not starting.  When I attempt to start it, I get:

krakatoa:/home/jeremyd# /etc/init.d/proftpd start
Starting professional ftp daemon: /usr/sbin/proftpd: relocation error:
/usr/sbin/proftpd: undefined symbol: __clz_tab

I get the same error from the links in links-ssl.

krakatoa:/home/jeremyd# links
links: relocation error: links: undefined symbol: __clz_tab

Yes, I know this is unstable, and I know to expect things like this.  But,
if someone with Debian skillz could poke these packages and have them
recompile against the current glibc, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--
We only acknowledge small faults in order to make it appear that we are
free from great ones.