Re: HP C240 Visualize: power up screen standby

On Mon, Dec 22, 2003 at 04:57:15PM +0100, Kristof Loots wrote:
> I recall when booting, a message saying "press TAB to change screen" appears.
> When I press TAB several times my screen turns on and it says " Out of frequency".

When you see <press TAB to change screen>, that means it's using a
frequency that should work.

> Is there a way that I can boot with a lower frequency?
> Or does someone know  the sequence of changing the settings when pressing TAB?

<TAB> should cycle through all supported combinations.
"supported" here means some subset of all possible settings.
I don't understand how the HW does auto-detection of which modes the monitor
can support.

grant