Re: Partimage: Problem with sched_yield()

On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 03:21:10PM +0000, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 05, 2003 at 08:03:27AM +0100, Ruediger Scholz wrote:
> > (gdb) run
> > The program being debugged has been started already.
> > Start it from the beginning? (y or n) y
> > Starting program: /usr/sbin/partimage
> > (no debugging symbols found)...
> > Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt.
> > 0x4068cd88 in sched_yield () from /usr/lib/debug/libc.so.6
> > (gdb) Quit
> > (gdb)
> > --------><---------
> > Sorry, I not so firm with gdb. So where and how can I look up the
> > meanings of these hex numbers? Or is this enough for you to track down
> > this pb?
>
> Try 'bt' for backtrace, that at least tells us where sched_yield()
> is being called from.

You are stuck in contention for a lock. The best thing, as Willy notes,
is to get a 'bt' so we see who was calling sched_yield(), even perhaps
trying to decipher the state of the lock object from that 'bt'.

I should take a browse through the source for partimage.

c.