Re: light browser for 712/80

Andrew Shugg said:
> While not a direct answer to your question (others have done that!) can
> you explain what's wrong with Dillo for your uses?  The php pages are
> turned into HTML by the PHP engine in the web server, so any web browser
> that understands HTML will work, unless the PHP application is badly
> written using features that require a specific browser.

... and to answer my own question, I find that Dillo doesn't support
frames, and has a painful cookie management system.  You need both of
these to administer MySQL with phpMyAdmin, which I assume is what you
are trying to do.

You can try adding "your.server ACCEPT_SESSION" to ~/.dillo/cookiesrc
and trying again with Dillo.  But there is nothing stopping you running
a web browser on a completely different machine to connect to your 712
and use pypMyAdmin.

Andrew.

--
Andrew Shugg <andrew@neep.com.au>                   http://www.neep.com.au/

"Just remember, Mr Fawlty, there's always someone worse off than yourself."
"Is there?  Well I'd like to meet him.  I could do with a good laugh."