Re: HP 720 workstation boot from CD

Hello,

> I never recieve the BOOT_ADMIN prompt. I pressed the Esc key for very long

>time (from power on of machine until ISL> prompt and the BOOT_ADMIN does
not
>appeared.
>
> Correct me if I am wrong in follow sequence:
>
> Power On;
Yes, immidiately after press <esc> (continiously)

>Message
>on display: Select any device to boot...
> If ESC pressed
>   BOOT_ADMIN

You should obtain here a small table:
  Command                           Description
  -------                           -----------
Auto [boot|search] [on|off]       Display or search auto flags
[..]
Search [ipl] [scsi|lan [install]] Display potential boot devices
[...]
BOOT_ADMIN>

here you are

> My PDC ROM is Rev 2.3 and IODC ROM is Rev 2.2

I have the same PDC rev 2.3

> When I execute ISL HELP command it shows:
>
>   a list of commands but not Boot
>
>   and then the message: Utilities On this system are:
>
>   FS ..................
>   ISL>

Definitively ISL is a step too far.

> How can I boot the Debian CD with this system?

Try again it would works,

Joel

Soldes Tiscali ADSL : 27,50 euros/mois jusque fin 2003.
On s'habitue vite à payer son ADSL moins cher!
Plus d'info? Cliquez ici... http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=fr