Re: A180C Freeze at Rescue Floppy

>> On Fri, Jul 11, 2003 at 02:28:40PM -0500, David Douthitt wrote:
>>> Actually, in the process of testing, I have.  The HP-UX disk remains
>>> intact and operational.  The new Debian disks do not have a valid LIF.
>>
>> Ok. Can you reboot with a install CD (or net boot) and get
>> "fdisk -l /dev/sdX"?
>> "X" is for either of the two linux drives.
>
>I don't understand how I can do that - though I do see something
>similar when cfdisk runs...

>>> Well? :-)
>>
>> Sorry - I don't understand the question.
>
>During the installation of a Red Hat system, I can press "Alt-F2" and
>get a shell prompt to do whatever.  I can press "Alt-F3" and see some
>logs - and "Alt-F4" gets more logs.
>When I'm looking at the install screens, how do I "escape" to a shell
>prompt?

yes you have a shell (a small one) into the install menu: at the first step
(iirc when it proposed you to format your disk), you can browse the menu
with arrow key [up/down] until something like 'Escape to shell'; there press
enter.

(not sure that "Alt-F[1..6]" works at this stage?)

>I'm surprised that there isn't a PALO command that runs under HP-UX...
>then you could us HP-UX to prep the disk for a Linux installation.

I do think that it should be possible by following crosscompiling recipe
(I tried at the very first age of puffin, I was near when the first CD came
out and allowed me to install my first 712).

hth,
    Joel

Soldes Tiscali ADSL : 27,50 euros/mois jusque fin 2003.
On s'habitue vite à payer son ADSL moins cher!
Plus d'info? Cliquez ici... http://reg.tiscali.be/default.asp?lg=fr