715/100

Hi,

I have been trying to instal Woody  3.0 r1 on my 715/100. When the installer boots up linux it spots the internal 2Gb Seagate drive, but when I try to fdisk it then it says that it can't access it. I have read similar reports for similar machines in the mailing lists for other simlar machines so I was wondering if anyone knows of a reason why woody might fail in this way on my machine

Something which I though was a bit screwy but I might just be confused is when i looked in /proc/devices  (when the installer was running) there were three entries for "sd" with the following major numbers

8
56
55

Although the only sd devices in /dev/ had major number 8.

Anyway if anyone has any ideas I'd be interested to hear from them!

Cheers

Sean