Re: impossible to upgrade

>> Personally, I would try force install the kernel-image-24.19-64 package,
>> reboot, and then let dselect clean up the remaining mess.
>> No promises that will actually work since I haven't done it.
>
> yup, this should work. Alternatively just build a new 2.4.19/20 kernel
> yourself, boot with that, and then do the glibc upgrade.

I tried to build new kernel using kernel-source-2.4.19-hppa on 2.4.9 kernel,
but it showed very strange behavior in make, that is, make shows
"make: -c: Command not found".  With strace, no such warnings be seen.

Anyway, I install new kernel image as follows:

 # dpkg -x kernel-image-2.4.19-64_hppa_22.2_hppa.deb /

and change /boot/vmlinux, run palo and reboot.
It seems to work fine, and I'm upgrading other packages.

Thanks,
Fumitoshi UKAI