Re: 712 keyboard hung up at install

Testez le nouveau Yahoo! Mail
--- Begin Message ---
 --- Grant Grundler <grundler@dsl2.external.hp.com> a
écrit : > On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 11:07:23PM +1100,
Hamish
> Moffatt wrote:
> > On Thu, Feb 20, 2003 at 12:01:38AM +0100, jacek
> wrote:
> > > Context :
> > > Install debian hppa on 712 via bootp from debian
> i386.
> > > Two 712 boxes, two mices, three keyboards give
> me the sames results - so
> > > no pb hard
> >
> > PS/2 or HIL keyboard? (Is HIL supported OK for
> installation these days?)
>
> AFAIK, 712 only has PS/2.
> See hwdb.parisc-linux.org
>
> I have no clue what the problem is.
> I thought several people reported successful
> installs on 712
> using the debian 3.0r0 ISO images.
>
> If you can interrupt the boot process (hit ESC when
> gfx
> console comes up), then the keyboard is working.
>
> grant

I repeat :

- I have _no_ problem at BOOT_ADMIN (one, not very
important notice however : the keyboard's leds have a
strange behaviour, it's confirmed this january by
Thomes Themel  <20030116171711.GA26639@iwoars.net>)

- I _can_ to change the boot args at isl ; even it's
not necessary beceause TERM is set to 'linux' there

- There is the setting in the inittab called script
"udbootstrap" which change TERM to "vt102" ; I suppose
this setting to make my kbd hang up with ncurses
behaviour

- So I have two issues

i) Try tty boot : I have no rs232 cable and never do
it
ii) Try to modify udbootstrap script : I have some
experiance and I don't need any hardware

- I suppose there is a script to assembly the lifimage

from the kernel, the compressed root and I don't know
what else. If I can to have this, I can make my
adjustments.

Thanks,

Jacek