Re: qt3 -ffunction-sections bug

In reference to a message from Chris Cheney, dated Feb 14:
> It appears Qt3 still is having a problem compiling, with gcc suggesting
> use of -ffunction-sections. I thought a bug related to this had already
> been fixed(?)
>
> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=qt-x11-free&ver=3%3A3.1.1-3&arch=hppa&stamp=1045250569&file=log&as=raw

no, the function-sections problem is related to binutils (linking
problem). the previous failure in the build log was related to
assembly errors. there is a fix floating around for the linker problem
too, but i'm not sure what the status is. i'll follow up on this and see
what happens.

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports