K220 boot problems

Hello, all.
    I recently picked up an HP 9000/859/K220
that I would like to install debian on. Reading through
the list, I have seen other people with K-class boxes
have no trouble. Unfortunately, I am not so lucky.

I am netbooting the system using the lifimage I grabbed
from <debian-ftp>woody/main/disks-hppa/current
which is dated 5/16/2002. Every time I try to boot, it crashes
at the same point with the following final messages:

parport_init_chip: initialize bidirectional-mode
partport0: PC-style at 0xffd02800, irq 88 [PCSPP, TRISTATE]
pty: 256 Unix98 ptys configured
Serial Driver version 5.05c (2001-07-08) with MANY_PORTS
    SHARE_IRQ SERIAL_PCI enabled
WARNING! Stack pointer and cr30 do not correspond!
Dumping virtual address stack instead
<stack dump here>

This makes me believe there is a problem with the serial drivers
somewhere. I am using the serial console to interact with the system,
so I can't disable the serial drivers.

Machine Info:
  *Booting from serial console
  *Firmware version 2.9
  *No HD's installed (thought I'd get the installer booting before I buy a
drive)
  *1gig ram installed
  *HP 9000/859/K220
  *2 cpu's

Let me know if anyone has any suggestions. As I am netbooting, it is easy to
try different kernels. Thanks.

-James