Re: [parisc-linux] new gcc-snapshot problem [was: new gcc-default for hppa]

On Tue, Jan 14, 2003 at 08:54:22AM -0500, John David Anglin wrote:
> > I have a look and in drivers/ide/ide-cd.h line 440 I found well:
> >     __u8 short slot_tabelen;
> >
> > Any idea?
>
> Look at the code after preprocessing with "-E" option.  This will
> show you the actual code where the fault occurs.

well, yeah, but the actual error's pretty clear.  you can't specify
two types for the same variable (__u8 is typedeffed to unsigned char).
unfortunately, gcc used to not even warn about this ;-(

the question is, what size is really wanted here?  i dunno, ask the
maintainer of that file.