From: "Martin-Éric Racine" <q-funk@pp.fishpool.fi>
To: "kenneth westelinck" <kennywest1@hotmail.com>
Cc: <debian-hppa@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2002 4:53 PM
Subject: Re: recovering from a failed libc6 upgrade

On Tue, 26 Nov 2002, kenneth westelinck wrote:

> What about netbooting a lif image from the ESIEE people?
> http://pateam.esiee.fr/cd-images/lifimages
> - exit the installation
> - mount your local disk
> - chroot to the disk
> - install/compile newer kernel
> Should work ;)

Come again? :)

Booting from the Woody install CD, in rescue mode, was my first reaction.
However, when booting in that mode, init is executed right away.  Since just
about everything in Debian depends upon a working libc6, that fails.

My second idea was to boot the CD in install mode, but only execute the
keyboard
selection step at the begining, then switch immediately to console and mount
the
/ partition of my boot disk to /mnt. Great, except, how do I install the
libc6
that came on the install CD, over the failed new one that's on the
hard-disk?

--
Martin-Éric Racine
"Kas sa tahad mind? - Nej!!! Är du en idiot?!!"