From: Phil Roberts [mailto:opplr@hotmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 23, 2002 7:56 PM
To: debian-hppa@lists.debian.org
Subject: Info Please

Hello, I will soon be attempting to install Woody on a HP 9000-K460.  It
has
4 CPUs currently installed.  I have obtained the CDs and before I get
started was curious about how others may have faired with the K class
boxes.
  A quick check on the list didn't reveal any K460s.

Is there any significant things I should do before the install?
Understand that a uniprocessor kernel will probably load and I will be
wanting a SMP kernel to utilize the other processors.  Is there any
problems
with recompiling the kernel for multiprocessor support?

The box currently has minimal disk attached, we can increase capacity.
Since we have not dealt with Debian before, SUSE & Mandrake, how much
disk
space would a development environment need?

Noticed GLIBC work recently updated.  Is there a list of packages which
have
been updated since Woody's release for the HPPA version?  Any
recommendations which ones are must haves?

Phil Roberts - newbie