Re: Install problem

Grant Grundler wrote:
> Waldek Hebisch wrote:
> > By the way, Linux boot from my CD is very fleaky, it takes
> > many failed attempts to finally succeed.
>
> I think this is might be a hint.
> Could something be wrong with the SCSI cable or termination?
> or maybe a flakey CD drive?
>
> Please also read the FAQ regarding firmware update.
> It might be worth updating your firmware.
> Then find/read the firmware release notes to see if anything
> SCSI related was fixed between your version and the latest
> one available.

I am samewhat confused what firmware version I have, the
machine writes:
Processor revision 2.2
BootRom Version 1.5

The latest firmware for 712/60 that I have found is 2.3. So I am
not sure if I need update (the instruction says that I should not
upgrade from 2.2). Assuming that firmware=BootRom I should.
However the instruction says to boot from a tape. I do not have
a HP-compatible tape drive. Can I use a CD or preferably a hard drive?

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch@math.uni.wroc.pl    or hebisch@hera.math.uni.wroc.pl