Re: crosscompiling kernel

> Hm, from what I gathered on this list, it seems that the PA-RISC kernel
> usually isn't compressed?

Correct, it needs to be a lifimage, but PALO will take care of this for you.

> > hppa-linux-nm vmlinux | grep -v '\(compiled\)\|\(\.o$\)\|\( [aUw]
> > 	 \)\|\(\.\.ng$\)\|\(LASH[RL]DI\)' | sort > System.map
>
> Right there, you should have a working Linux kernel in vmlinux, and a
> System.map too. That's usually all you need.

Yup, then you can use PALO to put the image into your F0 partition
or have it loaded from an ext2 partition that is < 2GB's in size
(hopefully a small /boot at the front of the disk).

> > palo -f ./palo.conf
> > palo version 1.1 buildd@cyberhq Tue Aug  6 16:29:31 UTC 2002
> > ELF32 executable
> > ram-disk-image-file: No such file or directory
> > make: *** [palo] Error 2

Edit your "./palo.conf" that was generated when you ran "make bzImage"
the first time. You'll have to remove the default command line option
that is looking for a ram disk.

Do you remember seeing the following message during your first "make bzImage"?

---
A generic palo config file (./palo.conf) has been created for you.
You should check it and re-run "make palo".
WARNING: the "lifimage" file is now placed in this directory by default!
---

:)

HTH,
c.