Re: hppa internal compiler error problem

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 10:43:03PM +0200, Mikael Hedin wrote:
> The latest autobuild of tela failed with the following error (see
> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=tela&ver=1.34-4&arch=hppa&stamp=1017793182&file=log&as=raw):
>
> objarithm.C: In function `void Min(Tobject&, const Tobject&)':
> objarithm.C:1464: Internal error: Segmentation fault
> Please submit a full bug report,
> See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.
>
> Can somebody with access to a hppa system help me?

Since you're a debian developer, you have access to an hppa system
yourself -- paer.debian.org is the recommended machine.  I don't know
what the exact problem is, but I have some hints.

First, this file has -funroll-loops specified on the command line (unlike
any other file).  -funroll-loops is notoriously fragile, and it wouldn't
surprise me to hear this is the cause.

Secondly, this file compiled successfully on the buildd on Jan 31st.
It then failed on March 31st.  So whatever change that caused this was
introduced during this period.

Thirdly, this program has never compiled on hppa :-)  The cause of this for the -3 build was:

tela.C:713: no matching function for call to `std::basic_ifstream<char,
   std::char_traits<char> >::basic_ifstream(int)'

which, iirc, means tela uses a libg++ extension that's not supported by
libstdc++ (ie trying to construct a stream from an fd).