From: "Martin-Éric Racine" <q-funk@pp.fishpool.fi>
To: "kenneth westelinck" <kennywest1@hotmail.com>
Cc: <debian-hppa@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 10:45 PM
Subject: Re: recovering from a failed libc6 upgrade

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002, kenneth westelinck wrote:

> Another solution is to chroot your /mnt. So /mnt actually becomes /.

Unfortunately, that fails right away.

"kernel too old" is the message I get after doing "chroot /mnt", probably
because as soon as the root is changed, we start using binaries living
there,
but they all fail because the wrong libc6 lives there.

--
Martin-Éric Racine
"Kas sa tahad mind? - Nej!!! Är du en idiot?!!"