install, console speed

I've just installed woody on a B132L. The install is a real credit to
the developers - very smooth. Without a CD, it's even easier than i386,
using the lifimage from a bootp/tftp server.

I used the serial console to install, as a I don't have a spare monitor
(and the B132L seems a bit fussy about resolutions).
How can I set the baud rate? I tried 'pa con SERIAL_1.38400" and the
firmware seemed to accept that, but still ran at 9600. The screen
redraws are a little painful at that rate...

Thanks,
Hamish