Install problem

I tried to install debian on a 712/60. I burned a CD from image
(/home/src/build/debian-30r0-hppa-binary-1_NONUS.iso fetched on
Oct 4). After boot the kernel appearently recognizes SCSI
devices connected to the system (it gives correct ID) but
any attempt to acces devices fails. I have a 4.3G Seagate drive
(non HP, but worked in HP-UX) and a Sun CD-Rom. During boot
the banner tells "Boot PROM Version 1.5". The BOOT_ADMIN
menu reports "Processor version 2.2".
What I can try next? I would prefer to use CD or HD (is it
possible to use CD image on HD to boot the system?) as HP-UX
boots from CD (and HD) and I have not managed to get net boot
to work.
By the way, Linux boot from my CD is very fleaky, it takes
many failed attempts to finally succeed.

--
                              Waldek Hebisch
hebisch@math.uni.wroc.pl    or hebisch@hera.math.uni.wroc.pl